Friday, September 19, 2008

The Great Onion Debate

I thought that the kids going back to school would quash some of this bickering. And it did help a little...until the other day.

I am in the kitchen making dinner. The kids like onions quite a bit, and whenever I'm chopping onions, they come in and snitch them out of the pile on the counter. I am not exactly sure how this started, but I come in when Grace is sitting at the kitchen table, head in hands, sobbing hysterically.

Me: What's wrong?

Grace: Logan says he likes onions more than me!!! Sob, cry, carry on

Me: So what? You both like onions.

Grace: But he CAN'T like them more than me!

Me: Why? You both like them, why is this such a big deal?

Grace: But I liked onions FIRST! He didn't even start liking them until a couple of months ago! Now he says he likes them more than me! That's not FAIR!

Me: This is totally ridiculous and nothing to cry about. You can both like onions the same amount. End of story.

Logan (walking through the kitchen): Heh Heh Heh

I could totally tell at that point that the origins of this debate came from him. He takes utter joy in making his sister hysterical about NOTHING. And it usually works, so I guess I don't blame him (having been an oldest child myself and knowing how easy it was to torture my own sister)

Gotta love kids!!

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

Wow! You can't make this stuff up!