Thursday, June 21, 2007

Week 2 CSA




Sorry I have been tardy with my updating. First week with the kids home from school for the summer, it's been a bit crazy and difficult to get on a schedule. Next week is VBS, so our schedule will be even crazier.






This week we got eggs too, which is$3 extra, but totally worth it. Some monster carrots too! If anyone knows what that pointy green thing is in the front, could you let me know? It smells like an onion, but I have no idea what it is.





We had a few veggies left from last week, so I combined some together and made roasted veggies. They have lasted quite a few days, I made omelettes, put them in spaghetti sauce, and just eaten them plain as a side dish.







The next thing I made was a green gratin. I took all of the greens from the past two weeks--beet greens, chrysanthemum greens, swiss chard, collard greens, and chopped them up. Put them in a baking dish with some parmesan, ricotta cheese, smashed crackers, and some garlic salt and baked them in the oven. Surprisingly, they were a HUGE hit with everyone in the family.

Speaking of greens, I found a great site that is helping me to identify some of the veggies we have been receiving (except for the pointy green ones) It is The Cook's Thesaurus

That's all for this post. I have another picture, but it's from another day and I wanted to make a separate post for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

With the "pointy green thing", do you mean this thing that seems to come out of the shallot/spring onion bundle?

Melissa said...

Yes, that's what I meant--see above, I did figure it out!