Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Streusel Bread

This year we grew some pie pumpkins, and this was the first recipe I made from the pumpkin. Yummy, it's already half gone and it's very delicious. I think I could have added more pumpkin for my family's liking, I'll probably tweak the recipe a little when I make it again.



Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Bread

Combine, stir and set aside:
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin

Sift together:
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoons salt

Stir mixtures together. Add 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup nuts if desired. Pour into greased loaf pan.

Make streusel topping and sprinkle on top of pumpkin batter.
1/3 cup flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon firm margarine or butter

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes.

No comments: