Thursday, May 04, 2006

More quotes

"I'm never bored and I never mind waiting--anywhere. Unless, of course, I've forgotten my book, in which case I just run off and buy another one. I read at the DMV, in movie lines, in bank teller lines, or when the shuttle from L.A. to San Francisco is four hours late. Layovers in unfamiliar airports are a treat, as are jury notices that arrive at my home and give me license to sit around and read all day, knowing that I'm doing my civic duty."

"Books teach you how other people think, and what they're feeling, and how they change from ordinary beings to extraordinary ones. Often they are so appealing and intellignet, you'd rather spend time reading aobu them than doing anything else. And unlike life, if you don't like what you're reading, you can slam the book shut and...peace. "

More later!

No comments: