Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Enchiladas


Made some enchiladas yesterday. Used the recipe for Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas from the Pillsbury Bake-off, but I added chicken. My husband is not a huge vegetarian fan--he'll occasionally eat it, but it's not his favorite. I also used fresh pineapple, which was a huge hit with my kids.

In other news--we paid a deposit on a cruise last night! We're going over our 10th anniversary on a Carnival cruise to Mexico. It's actually the first annual "Believe in Marriage" cruise offered by Families Northwest, but we knew it was meant to be because it's actually over our anniversary (Valentine's Day) And my parents are free to come up and take the kids to school and activities, so we're going! We don't have passports, so I went to the post office and got the applications today so we can get going on those.

Today I'm doing a final test run for my Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil that I'm entering in the Southern Living Cook-Off. I'm going to have Kimber prepare the recipe according to my directions and see if I've left anything out or anything's unclear. I'll post a picture of the finished product tomorrow. Grace thinks I'm nuts taking pictures of food.

Still reading the Yada Yada book, after I get my errands done today I've got to get busy with it, because I have two others after it.

No comments: