Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wednesday!

Haven't had any reviews posted this week. Finished up my Romantic Times books so I haven't had much time for any other reading.

I did finish Literacy and Longing in L.A., and while it was pretty good, I wish it had been a little longer. It seemed really short. I had many quotes I marked, here is one:

" I collect new books the way my girlfriends buy designer handbags. Sometimes, I just like to know I have them and actually reading them is beside the point. Not that I don't eventually end up reading them one by one. I do. But the mere act of buying them makes me happy--the world is more promising, more fulfilling. It's hard to explain, but I feel, somehow, more optimistic. The whole act just cheers me up."

I'm currently reading Alaska Twilight by Colleen Coble. I'm listening to Don't Say a Word by Barbara Freethy. Both are decent so far.

Gotta go make dinner!

No comments: