Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lime Cookies


I made the pasta with tomato and basil yesterday, but was in such a rush to get out the door I forgot to take a picture. So next time I'll have to show you what it looks like. I decided to make lime cookies this afternoon. Couldn't find a recipe that was exactly what I wanted, so here's what I came up with...

Soft Lime Sugar Cookies

1 1/3 cups butter or margarine

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla extract

4 Tb. lime juice

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 tsp. baking powder

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, mix well. Add vanilla and lime juice. Mix in flour and baking powder. Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees, just until bottoms turn light brown, don't overbake or they will be dry.

Frost with vanilla frosting mixed with some lime juice.

Not very complicated, but they're yummy and hit the spot. I'm going to make a Rachael Ray soup recipe for dinner, I'm already dreading the kids' reaction. They just don't seem to like anything.

I finished the Yada Yada book--wow, what an incredible series. If you haven't read any of them, I urge you to check them out. Moving fiction.

Currently reading Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man by Clair Burney. Still listening to Digging to America, it's keeping me interested.

Well, I have one more review to write up, two more books to finish before Sunday night. I can do it if I work hard!


No comments: