Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Crazy Busy!


I have been absolutely crazy busy the past few days with graduation and school ending and everything. Hopefully things will calm way down now, I'll just have a boatload of reading to do!

The other night I made Parmesan round steak. I found a great deal on center cut round steak, and after searching all over for a recipe, I just ended up making one up.


Here's what I did. I took five center cut round steak pieces and pounded them on both sides really well to tenderize.

Made bread crumbs from one large whole wheat hamburger bun that had been hanging around since last week and no one was eating it :) Grated about 1/3 cup of pecorino romano cheese and mixed it with the bread crumbs. Heated up a skillet with a small amount of olive oil. Whisked an egg in a bowl. Dipped each steak in the egg, then coated both sides with the bread crumb/cheese mixture. Cooked in skillet until b0th sides were browned.

In a 9 x 13 pan, I poured one jar of spaghetti sauce (tomato, garlic and onion chunky Ragu variety) Put the browned steaks on top. Sprinkled over top enough grated mozzarella to cover each piece well. Dumped another jar of spaghetti sauce over the top of that. Covered pan with foil and baked in 350 oven for 2 1/2 hours.

Served it with some parmesan angel hair pasta-roni (the things I do when I don't have a microwave, LOL, I was going to have baked potatoes with it but I forgot how long it takes them to cook in the oven!)

Today was Logan's last day of school, and he's over at a friend's house to sleep over tonight.

I'm reading And God Created the Au Pair and it's very cute. All in e-mail, which is a format I love.

No comments: