Friday, June 16, 2006

Welcome Weekend!


With the kids out of school I'm having trouble keeping the days straight! Even Grace asked me this morning if we had church today.

Last night I made a chicken club ring--Pampered Chef recipe. It was only hubby and I who ate, but Kimber ate later after she went to Starbucks with a friend. The kids had been to Chuck E. Cheese all afternoon so they were full of pizza and junk food.



Chicken Club Ring
3 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained, and chopped (I used turkey bacon)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 8-ounce packages crescent rolls

Preheat ove to 375. Combine chicken, bacon, 3/4 cup of the cheese, mayo, mustard, and garlic, mix well. Circle crescent rolls around circular baking stone, wide sides facing in. Scoop filling evenly over rolls. Top with tomato slices. Fold pointed ends over filling, tucking under wide ends. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

I make my own crescent rolls using a recipe from allrecipes.com. I make the rolls up through their first rising, then use them in the ring recipe just like the canned crescent rolls. It's much much cheaper than buying them.


Golden Crescent Rolls

INGREDIENTS:
2 (.25 ounce) packages active
dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water (110
degrees F/45 degrees C)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter or shortening
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
DIRECTIONS:
1.
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2.
Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1-1/2 hours).
3.
Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. Cut into 10 to 15 wedge. Roll up the wedges starting with the wide end. Place rolls with point under on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
4.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12-15 minute or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when they come out.

I've been working around the house, putting clothes away. Wow, what a chore. Grace changes her clothes so many times a day it's ridiculous! I have put her on a "no changing clothes unless clothes are filthy" restriction.

Back to the house and to reading, I have got to get it in gear!

2 comments:

The Sampler Girl said...

When I first saw your picture, I wondered how your crescent rolls were fluffier and covered more of the filling than mine do when I make this recipe! Then I read on . my MY you make your own crecent rolls? I wish I had the time to do that! I bet the difference is worth it.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

That looks awesome, and so does the fettacine post!