Thursday, June 08, 2006

Trying again---Cookies


I made some wonderful cookies the other day when Grace had a friend over. I got the recipe from the Cookie Madness site. I substituted semi-sweet chocolate chips for the white, and eliminated the pecans. I also had some dried cherries, which I chopped up and added for a little zing. They were delicious!

White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the rolled oats, white chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

I'm currently reading The Secret Life of Becky Miller by Sharon Hinck. It's really good and hitting all-too close to home for this stay at home mom!

Let's see if blogger will let me publish...I've been having an awful time!

No comments: