Monday, April 30, 2007

Two books from the TBR

Ok, at the beginning of the year, I made a goal to read some books each month from my tbr shelves. Well, with reviewing getting in the way, I haven't been doing a very good job with that, but I have been doing some reading from the shelves, just not in the order I originally planned.

In January, I read The Bridesmaid by Hailey Abbott.

February: I read The Potluck Club and The Potluck Club: Trouble's Brewing by Shepherd and Everson

March: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak--I don't know if this one really counts though, because it never really made it out of the pile next to my bed and onto the tbr shelf. But it was a book I own, so I guess I can count it.

April: Recipes for a Perfect Marriage by Morag Prunty and Thr3e by Ted Dekker (has been on my shelf a very, very long time!)

So I am making progress, albeit quite slowly.
I really want to keep with this for the coming months. I am doing two things to help myself with that:
1. I am cutting back on the amount of reviewing I'm doing. I cannot keep up this pace.
2. All of my books are now on shelves, I am making a point to choose from the shelves.

But books are still coming in at a much faster pace than they are going out, so I need some motivation to keep plugging away at the tbr shelves.

No comments: