I'm going to be honest here.
There are certain things I really enjoy about summer:
1. I love to sleep in a little bit and not be pressured to be ready and out the door by 8:15.
2. I really like to not pack lunches. I like this very much.
3. Fewer activities make for a less hectic driving schedule and less stressful when I have to be in two places at the same time.
4. Time is less structured.
But mostly, I am pretty much over the summer now.
1. The kids are bored. Even with every day gymnastics practice for Grace and every day football practice for Logan, they are ready for some new school challenges.
2. I miss my regular activities and the contact they give me with other adults. I miss Bible study, volunteering at school, and that sort of thing.
3. Although I really admire people who can homeschool, and really wish I could do it myself, my kids just do not respond to me with regards to school work. We've been doing a summer curriculum and it's like pulling teeth.
4. I kind of thrive on the structure. The schedule.
5. The kids want to eat ALL. THE. FREAKIN'. TIME.
6. I really dislike taking the kids to the grocery store and the post office. You would think at 8 and 9 years old that they would be relatively easy to deal with at those places. Yeah, no.
So, that's my recap. School starts two weeks from today. Not soon enough in my book.
I really do love my kids. I just want the structure of our schedule back again.