Monday, June 13, 2005

Busy weekend

It's been a busy weekend and now an even busier week. Everything is coming to conclusion and I'm trying to remember everything I need to do.

Went to Portland this weekend to see Movin' Out. It was really good. An interesting concept. The band was suspended on a platform above the stage in the back (kinda like in Blast) There was a piano player who did all of the singing. I was amazed at the concept...I couldn't believe that they took 30 years of Billy Joel's songs and made a story of it. There were dancers on the stage who were absolutely incredible. They were all top performers, mostly in ballet. It took us a little while to get into it, but it was wonderful. We went to dinner beforehand at the Macaroni Grill and did some shopping. Spent way too much money at J. Jill.

Got my Romantic Times books completely finished. Now I'm reading Potter Springs by Britta Coleman. It's really good...an interesting concept about a minister whose fiancee is pregnant, and what that means for his career. I'm going to try to get three books read before we leave, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. We'll see!

Some new reviews posted:
Club Sandwich
Cover the Butter
Skinny Dipping

Today I ran a ton of errands. Helped in Logan's class for a half hour, today was their last day of school. Then we went to the post office, bank to deposit some checks, the dentist to pay the bill, Dollar Tree to buy cards and Zebra Cakes (for VBS). Then went to Starbucks to buy a gift card for Logan's teacher, and to Michael's to check out their prices for birthday parties (really expensive) Ran home to get the library movies, then picked up Logan. Returned the movies and dropped the Zebra cakes off at the church. Right after I ate lunch the girl whose wedding I'm doing in August called to set up a meeting, and we both agreed that right then was probably the best for both, so I went back to the church and met with her. Whew! Now I have a few minutes for e-mail and I need to work some more cleaning Logan's room.

Tomorrow is kindergarten graduation and we're going to the zoo afterward. Wed. is their skating party. Then I have two days to get clothes all washed and packed so we can leave on Friday. I'll keep plugging away I guess!

I am so looking forward to being on vacation! Life is just way too stressful right now. And maybe Kimber will hear about school next week? I will be praying!

No comments: