Thursday, June 16, 2005

Errands galore!

It seems like the errands to get ready for vacation are never ending! I ran around like crazy on Monday. Tuesday we had kindergarten graduation and then we went to the zoo. It was a fun day but I basically got nothing else done! Yesterday was the skating party. Grace and I went to Target afterward, Logan went home with a friend.

Today I need to go to the post office, I'm baking a cake for my neighbor's surprise birthday party, listening to my kids fight, need to go to the store and get some last minute food items and a birthday present for a spur of the moment party Grace was invited to tomorrow.

Have been working on the laundry and finally finished cleaning out Logan's room. Wow, what a huge job. Wish I would have done it before the garage sale, but that's the way life goes sometimes.

Somewhere in all that I read a whole book--Dialogues by Stephen Spignesi. It was really engrossing, a story about an animal shelter worker who killed six of her co-workers, and now they are trying to decide whether or not she's insane. I saw the end coming from a mile away, I would have liked a better ending, but it was still a good read.

Now I'm going to start Marley and Me by John Grogan. It's not about Bob Marley, it's the story of a dog. It's a First Look book and my review is due on July 1.

I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow! I still have so much to do, so I'm going to go do my hair so I can leave right after lunch.

No comments: