Monday, November 14, 2005

Busy, Busy!

I have been so busy lately I haven't had much opportunity to update. Went to my parents' for the holiday weekend because LeeRoy was at the Christian Musician Summit. We had a fun time, it was nice to get out of town for a couple of days. Yesterday we had a combined church service and then our annual business meeting. After we went to see Zathura, which was pretty good. The kids had a birthday party at the Hoppin' House last night. Hopefully tonight will be an early night, they are really tired.

I ran like crazy to get things done today, but I've accomplished quite a bit. Worked in Logan's class all morning and really did a lot. Went to gymnastics, then home for a little while. Went to the post office and then to pick up Logan. The kids got to play outside for a bit while I made dinner, we finally had a non-rainy day!

I am currently reading What She Left for Me by Tracie Peterson. I'm almost finished. I started listening to Trace by Patricia Cornwell. Not sure if I'll stick with it, but I am behind on that series so I really should. I also have A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve which I'm looking forward to.

New Reviews Posted:
Cassandra's Angel

Revenge of the Paste Eaters

Body Intelligence

The Light Speed Bible

Boo Hiss

I have a whole stack here just waiting to be written up, and I'm sure I'll add the book I'm reading to that pile. Tomorrow I have Bible study (which I'm not sure I'll be going to), Lunch for 4, and sometime I HAVE to work on my own Bible study presentation for Wed. That's most likely why I would skip the morning Bible study. We were supposed to have the video tomorrow, but she's thinking of postponing it. Since we're not meeting next week, that will mean on the 29th now. We'll see how I feel in the morning. I have to make the time for my own teaching prep though. I will really be happy to have a week off of preparation.

Like always, I'm way behind in my reading. This weekend is our couples retreat, I am so looking forward to it. It's always a ton of fun. My parents (bless them) are coming up to watch the kids.

It's conference week for the kids, so tomorrow is Grace's last day of school for the week. Logan gets out at 12:30 every day. Should be interesting trying to keep them entertained.

I'm off to finish my book.

1 comment:

The Sampler Girl said...

I envy all the books you read, Melissa!!!! My library bag has been pathetic lately.
Tanya