Monday, July 11, 2005

The weekend is over

It was a fun, but busy weekend. Friday night we got to go out, yippee! The babysitter just kinda fell in our laps, so I thought it was probably a God thing and we got to go out. Went out for dinner and to see War of the Worlds, which was fairly good. Quite intense! I just couldn't see how they were going to get out of the situation.

Saturday I got up and went to the store after doing a bunch of cleaning. LeeRoy took Logan to the Airplane show at the airport (WWII planes) and I had a birthday party for Grace. We did a princess party--makeup, nail polish, glitter, etc. The girls loved it. It was very low key! There were six girls, only one mom stayed. I don't think she was overly impressed by my party-planning skills. Oh well!

After the party, we impromptu decided to go see Herbie Fully Loaded. Very cute movie. The kids loved it, it was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Went out for dinner afterward.

Yesterday we went to church, then I spent the afternoon finishing up my RT books and writing reviews. I always seem to squeak in right at the deadline. No matter how hard I try to start them early, I never seem to get the timing right.

Now I'm reading Nice Girls Finish First by Alesia Holliday. Still listening to Velocity, I think I'll bring it in the house to listen to later today.

Lots of errands to run today, and I told the kids we'd work on reading and writing. We've had enough vacation, I don't want Logan to forget everything he learned!

No comments: