176. Learning to Fly by Roxanne Henke B-
177. The Autobiography of Santa Claus by Jeff Guinn C+
178. The Note by Angela Hunt B-
179. Solomon vs. Lord by Paul Levine B
180. In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan B+
181. The Wedding Machine by Beth Webb Hart B-
182. A Matter of Wife and Death by Cindy Scanell and Ginger Kolbaba C+
183. Leaving November by Deborah Raney B
184. The Perfect Life by Robin Lee Hatcher B-
185. When Zeffie Got a Clue by Peggy Darty B
186. Only Uni by Camy Tang B
19. The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz C+
20. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montbomery A
My favorite book of the year was definitely The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Other favorites were Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling, and The Healing Stones by Nancy Rue and Stephen Arterburn.
My least favorite of the year was Chasing Destiny by Eric Jerome Dickey (a book group read)
This year I started a book club at my church which is small but has a very dedicated group of attendees and readers, some of which I never see at any other events. I regularly participate in group reads from one online book group as well. I think that being able to choose my own books to review has made my reading enjoyment higher this year than in past years, because I am able to pretty much weed out anything I think I won't care for.
My goal for this coming year is to cut down on my RT review books so I have more time to read my tbr shelves and books from the library--more books for fun, fewer for review. I am heading toward burnout and I don't want to be at that point.
I would love to read 200 books in 2008...I was frustrated by my lack of reading time and commitment this year. But after everything that happened this year in general, my personal life was in an upheaval which really cut into my reading time. Summer definitely remains my most productive reading time, due to the lying-in the sun-watching-the-kids-swim factor.
January: 15 books, 3 audio books
February: 14 books 1 audio book
March: 16 books, 2 audio books
April 17 books, 2 audio books
May: 18 books 1 audio
June: 13 books 1 audio
July: 26 books, 1 audio
August: 13 books, 0 audio
September: 13 books, 1 audio
October: 13 books, 2 audio books
November: 15 books, 2 audio books
December: 11 books, 2 audio books