Sunday, May 15, 2005

Back from Cali

Well, we made the lightning fast trip to California! Left around 1 on Friday, dropped the kids in Salem, and after a quick dinner stop in Grants Pass, arrived in Redding about 9:30. Went to bed and in the morning we went to find a Starbucks (of which there are many, important to Kimber) then met Sarah at Simpson and went on a tour. The school is very nice and the dorms are so much better than the ones at Oregon State where I went to school! It sounds like the campus is quite social, lots of activities. The classes are fairly small but a good variety. I was very, very impressed. I am hoping she decides that this is the place for her, because I think she's totally ready to spread her wings and fly. Academically and socially, I think she needs to get out of here and find out who she is in her own environment. I know she's probably really scared, but I also know she can do it.

So, after the tour we went to Olive Garden and then headed home. Arrived in Salem around 7 and got home around 9:30. Almost a thousand miles in such a short amount of time. We were all quite tired of each other by the end of the trip.

Have a new review posted:
The Baker's Apprentice

Currently finishing up the book Cold Feet which is a chick lit anthology about engaged couples and not being sure if it's the right thing. Will be moving along to Self Incrimination after that.

Skipped church this morning because I was so tired. Logan has a birthday party this afternoon, so I need to get in the shower and get ready for the day. Another busy week this week, such is the way life goes!

No comments: