Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday Musings

It's been a busy weekend.

Friday evening we went on our first date night in a long time. We really need to find a babysitter now that Kimber is doing her own thing. She offered to watch the kids though, so we took her up on it. Went to see Sahara which we really enjoyed. It kind of reminded me of National Treasure, but with more action than puzzle solving. Afterward we went to Applebees and had 1/2 price appetizers. Gotta love that place.

Saturday I had to get up early to go to a women's ministry board meeting. That lasted from 8-11. When I got home we cleaned a little and then I read for awhile. Finished my book (finally) and started a new one, The Baker's Apprentice by Judith Ryan Hendricks. I am really enjoying it so far, but I adored Bread Alone, so I was sure I'd like this one. Went to Logan's school swim night at the YMCA at 5:30. We swam until 7, then went out to dinner at Sing Sing, a Chinese buffet. Came home and put the kids to bed. I made some bread from a recipe in the book, a walnut bread. While it was rising and baking, we watched Maria, Full of Grace. Except for the annoying subtitles (which are difficult to read while trying to cook) it was a good movie. Touching and interesting.

Sunday we have been to church, then drove down to Vancouver and had lunch at the Olive Garden. Drove around for 45 minutes until we finally found a furniture store we had been wanting to check out. I am on a mad search for the perfect coffee table, a mission style chest type table. But alas, they didn't have one. I've been messing around on the computer this afternoon, critiquing reviews and putting off writing the six reviews that I need to be working on.

Tonight is Cold Case, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy. Yay, I'm excited. I think Cold Case is a repeat, yep, just checked on the TV guide site and it is, but I don't really remember it.

Off to get busy, I really need to write up at least one review.

No comments: